Battle Axe (Nintendo Switch)
- Pixel art fun - An adventure for pixel art enthusiasts, with gorgeously designed characters and environments to enjoy with every frame
- hack n' Slash adventure - familiar yet revitalised, thanks to new gameplay elements, improved controls and pixel perfect animations
- enjoy a timeless melody - A Superb soundtrack by legendary composer manami matsumae
- solo or co-op - Choose from three highly-detailed heroes to embark with on your quest, playing alone or with a friend in local co-op
- inspired by the classics - inspired by genre classics like Gauntlet and Golden Axe
Inspired by the classic adventure games of the 80s & 90s, battle Axe is an Arcade top-down hack & slash created by veteran pixel artist henk nieborg. Battle Axe features High quality visuals, true to form game mechanics, and music from the legendary vgm composer manami matsumae - retro gamers rejoice!
for as long as you and your people can remember, your homeland of mercia has been held in the tyrannical grip of "etheldred"; a despotic Sorceress who resides in a seemingly impenetrable Tower in the distant icy wastelands to the North. Every seven years she sends her armies South to handpick inhabitants from each Township who will be subject to a life of slavery, and they are never heard from again.
A Call is sent out to Champions across the land pleading with them to put an end to her rule. An Elf, a wizard and a Marauder answer the Call. Join this band of heroes on their quest the vanquish evil from the land and defeat etheldred once and for all!
- Genre: Hack & Slash
- PEGI Rating (Age): 7+